"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."
The CLT10 is an online preparatory exam for the CLT designed for 9th and 10th graders. It can be proctored by a parent at home or taken in-school at participating institutions. The test takes approximately two hours to complete, and it assesses English, mathematical, and critical reasoning skills. There is also an optional, ungraded, thirty-minute essay portion. Students receive their scores the Tuesday following the exam and can share them with an unlimited number of colleges and universities for free. The CLT10 provides students with the opportunity for recognition and, for top scorers, a scholarship to a CLT partner college.
- CLT Partner Colleges
- CLT10 Scholarship and Award Opportunities
- CLT Practice Exams
- CLT Author Bank
- Test Content Comparison
- If you need testing accommodations due to a documented learning or physical disability, please complete our Accommodations Request Form.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are part of a school interested in assessing your students with the CLT10. Special rates are available for in-school premium analytics.
The cost of the CLT10 is $44 and includes comprehensive Student Analytics. CLT offers financial assistance to qualifying families - if your circumstances make the cost of the test prohibitive, please fill out our Financial Assistance Request Form, or contact email@example.com for more information.
Upcoming Test Dates
Feb 2-3, 2022
(Deadline - Jan 27)
Students who register for this exam will be able to take it anytime on Feb. 2 or 3.
Apr 26-27, 2022
(Deadline - Apr 21)
Students who register for this exam will be able to take it anytime on Apr. 26 or 27.
What you’ll need:
- Students taking the test at home will need a proctor (an adult 21 or older who is able to supervise and assist with instructions and timekeeping)
- A laptop, desktop, or tablet (sorry, no phones)
- A stable internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers