1. Familiarize yourself with our Accommodations Deadlines. Accommodations Request Forms must be submitted at least 4 weeks before your desired test date to allow CLT sufficient time to process your request.
2. Read our Documentation Guidelines and collect documentation that supports your students’ requests and fits our requirements.
3. Download our Consent Form for Releasing Accommodations Documentation and have the document signed by both the student and their parent/guardian. We accept both ink and digital signatures.
4. Fill out our Accommodations Request Form for each student. Please note–we cannot accept incomplete applications, so please make sure you have all your documentation accessible before beginning the process.
5. The Accommodations Request Form asks for the following information:
- The student’s name
- The student’s CLT username (please use the email address you will use to register the student for the exam)
- The student’s requested accommodations
- Rationale for the request
- Formal documentation supporting your request.
Once you’ve submitted your request, CLT will process it within 10 business days. Please note that if a request is incomplete when uploaded, it may take longer to process as we request the required documentation. We’ll keep you updated as to the status of your request.
As of July 1, 2022, it is no longer necessary to submit requests for accommodations for the CLT8 exam. It is the responsibility of schools, co-ops, and homeschool parents to provide accommodations for the CLT8 that reflect what the student requires in normal classroom settings.
If a student has previously received testing accommodations for the CLT or CLT10, those accommodations are provided going forward based on the approval period sent out. Please contact us if you have any questions about your specific case.