1. Familiarize yourself with our Accommodations Deadlines. Accommodations Request Forms must be submitted at least 4 weeks before your desired test date to allow CLT sufficient time to process your request.
2. Read our Documentation Guidelines and collect documentation that supports your students’ requests and fits our requirements.
3. Register your student for an upcoming CLT or CLT10 exam.
4. Fill out our Accommodations Request Form. Please note–we cannot accept incomplete applications, so please be sure that you have all your documentation accessible.
5. The Accommodations Request Form asks for the following information:
- Your student’s name
- Your student’s CLT username
- The student’s requested accommodations
- Rationale for the request
- Formal documentation supporting your request.
Any requests submitted without sufficient documentation during the first application may not be processed within the four weeks.
As of July 1, 2022, it is no longer necessary to submit requests for accommodations for the CLT8 exam. It is the responsibility of schools, co-ops, and homeschool parents to provide accommodations for the CLT8 that reflect what the student requires in normal classroom settings.
If a student has previously received testing accommodations for the CLT or CLT10, those accommodations are provided going forward based on the approval period sent out. Please contact us if you have any questions about your specific case.